DRAGON BOAT RACING
Formed in 2004, Team Survivor Tampa Bay’s “Pink Dragon Ladies®” joins a worldwide network of hundreds of cancer survivor teams for women. Since our founding, hundreds of survivors have paddled with us.
A dragon boat team consists of 20 paddlers sitting two abreast, plus a steersperson who steers the boat from the rear and a drummer who sits at the front. The team of paddlers work in unison to propel the boat forwards from a standing start.
What We Provide Our members
- We own our dragon boat and provide a minimum of 2 practices per week throughout most of the year.
- We provide paddles and Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs).
- We provide coaching services at all practices and races.
- We provide workshops or clinics to teach proper and safe paddling technique.
- We pay team race registration fees.
- We provide an environment where our members can connect and support each other throughout their cancer treatments and beyond.